Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sister's visit

My sis came down from NoCal on Sunday for her belated birthday. We went to Bob's for a BBQ and presents. It was a nice visit.

Monday I worked so Sandy went to visit Bob again.

Tuesday after work we went to Mom and Dad's to take them belated roses and strawberry covered chocolates for Valentines. We played 2 games of pinochle. The first game Sandy and Dad whipped our butts. Next Game Mom and I cleaned house. We had a great time.

Wednesday I took the day off to play with Sandy. Day started off with a roaring fire on a wet foggy morning. Sweet! Good cup of Sumatra coffee and a good book on the couch, heaven. In the afternoon we went 'girl-shopping' at Home Goods, Tues Morn, and Ross. Actually didn't buy anything! I was amazed.
For dinner tonight I'm making Chez Panisse's Goat Cheese Calzone with Prochutto. Yum!

http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/1045681-Chez-Panisse-Calzone

Tomorrow it's back to work for me. We are having dinner at the folks, Avogolemno, a fabulous Greek lemon-chicken soup.
More later! Gotta go sew! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun family time. I love playing cards, especially Rummy with my Mom. Never did play pinochle, but know that my parents did and do still with their card playing friends on Tuesdays. What happened with the Bundlets? The two I took home went right to my tummy...or should I say midrift :( Monday I had the Red Velvet and Tuesday the White Chocolate Raspberry. Poor Tim was drooling...they were intended for him...he had way more will power than I'd expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy and I split the red velvet for breakfast one morning. I had the preline at work. :-) They were good!

    ReplyDelete