Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What to do on a rainy day?

Christmas break is half over, boo. Yesterday I took Mom to see Little Faukers. It's the first time she's been strong enough to sit that long in years. We enjoyed a bag of popcorn and soda. She enjoyed it but it wiped her out. No energy for lunch so we went straight home.

Yesterday's sunset was another stunner.



Today the Arctic rainstorm hit us around 8am. It was a nice day to light a fire and stay inside. We are expecting an inch of rain and gusts of wind up to 40 mph. Frost is expected the next couple of days.

I've wanted to rearrange my kitchen cabinets since moving in and took today's rainy weather to accomplish this. I packed away 3 boxes of what I call 'excess glassware', mostly coffee cups. I guess I should just donate them. I also packed away excess baking dishes. I can't believe I have 10 baking dishes from loaf pan size (3) up to 13" x 9". Anyone need baking dishes? More stuff to donate!

After reworking the cabinets I got ambitious and tackled removing the paint from another one of the transom windows in the kitchen. It was not a fun job as the razor contraption kept collapsing on me every time I tried to scrape. Made a 45 min job into 2+ hours but one more window is now clean of paint, 3 to go. I can understand why the previous owners painted them, they do face west and when the sun sets it is very bright and very hot in summer. But still, put up drapes! Geeze!


Transom window half scraped.


Transom window now clean of paint!


What a mess I made!

With the rainstorm still in full force, there was no visible sunset tonight...boo. So here's one from earlier this week.


Tomorrow Darlene and I are going to lunch and a movie. Friday and Saturday I hope to get in the garden and finish planting my flowers and fruit trees. Yep New Year's Eve I'm doing the same as usual, staying home and staying safe from all the crazy drunks on the road...


No comments:

Post a Comment