Sunday, December 12, 2010

Weekend doings

Friday, Dec 10, 2010:

I went to Tina and Andy's home to pick up a chair-and-a-half with ottoman they wanted to give me for my home. It's from IKEA and the slip cover is a great foresty green which will fit with my 'green' theme home. We also planned to go to Oceanside to see the Visions exhibit.

We first went to TJs to pick up an excellent Syrah from Austrailia, Henry Drive. It's a reserve lable normally selling for $30-50.00. TJs has it for $9.99. We each bought a case. From there we headed to Oceanside to see the new Visions Quilt Show..oh, Velda! What a stunning quilt of Zinnias you created! I want it but at over $100K, due to the economy, I need to pass. :-(

When we got home we loaded the chair and ottoman into the car and sat down to watch season 2 of Dexter. Needless to say, I spent the night, enjoying some of the Henry Drive purchased earlier, YUM!

Saturday, Dec 11, 2010:

Got home from Tina and Andy's around 11am and unloaded the chair. I thought I was going to need help but it was manageable. It's bigger than I thought or my home isn't as big as I thought! I'll find a good place for it as it's color is perfect and the chair is quite comfy. Maybe in front of the fireplace!

As sunsets go, this one on Dec 11 was exceptional in that it started at dusk by turning the surrounding mountains a beautiful lavender, purple mountains magesty! The clouds to the east were a beautiful glowing pink, the whole sky just glowed with that 'Tuscan light". After the sun set, the underlit clouds glowed all the hot colors in the spectrum...red, orange, pink, gold, yellow...stunning!


After the sunset was no more, the evening show was not over! A beautiful cresent moon set yellow then orange in the evening sky, truly an inspiring site. My camera didn't capture it well but it was a site to watch and enjoy.


Sunday, Dec 12, 2010:

It's not even noon on Dec 12th and it's already 83 degrees outside! I'm off to water my trees then put down more roundup to keep the weeds at bay. Soil is already too hard to dig so I'll have to wait until after the next rain to plant my many perennials. Rain is in the near forecast but...?

This afternoon, I'm going over to Mom's and help her set up her home for Christmas. I'll get a tree for my place next weekend...ran out of time this weekend. Boo...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a sunset! How's the chair working for you? Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, the chair's from Pottery Barn: they still sell it. It's called the "Chair and a Half."

    ReplyDelete