Sunday, March 6, 2011

Quilter's Run, 2011

Sandi, Bonnie, Tina and I spent the day visiting 9 quilt shops on the southern half of the San Diego Quilt Run. We started at Amadon's in Poway then headed to The Crazy 9-Patch in Ramona. From there is was down to Memory Lane, Rosie's (where I bought $100 in backing fabric) and Country Loft. We took a break for lunch at an Irish Pub, Houlies, in El Cajon. Great beer, interesting appetizers; fries in a curry dip. I had Irish Stew.

After lunch it was on to Cozy Quilts where I found a Strip pattern called Harvest for my Bali Pop package of strips. From there it was down to Chula Vista and Amathyst and Quilter's Choice quilt shops. Here I found a lavender batik for the background of the new Cozy pattern.

Missed tonight's sunset but here is one from yesterday...enjoy.




and here's yesterday morning's view with fog in the valley...you can see the peak of Mt Woodsen in the distance.




5 comments:

  1. Great Post! If I blog about my experiences at the Quilt Run, do I have to tell how much I spent? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Tina, that's between you and us! I didn't even mention how much I spent, only a hint. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's the snowman? Had a nice time yesterday too. Look forward to seeing completions with the two backings you got at Rosie's. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina you can blog about being the Quilt Run Grand Prize WINNER!!! Yea! A new sewing machine, Bernina to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi, Snowman looks dorky...he was only about 8" tall. :-)

    ReplyDelete