Monday, March 7, 2011

Home Decor

Sunday was a busy day! I started off hanging the faux white wooden blinds I bought last April, yep, last April! I also hung curtain rods and put up the celery green curtain panels that my sister Sandy gave me her last trip here. I moved the chair and a half into the corner. It makes a nice reading spot for a Sunday afternoon. Granted, the curtains are not the right shade of green but for now, they will do.


I managed to fertilize all the flowers I planted last month before the latest rain came. Also surveyed the damage to the plants from the snow. I may have lost a few plants. The statice definitely didn't like the cold. I also planted the Star-gazer lilies and pulled a few weeds. I still have  a few gladiolas to plant, maybe next weekend.

Can't wait for Spring!

2 comments:

  1. Sue darling,
    I think the curtains lighten up the spot; you wound't want the curtains and chair to match: too gloomy. To me, what has always worked has been a full spectrum of color and tone: grey-out to full-brights. My system is to go with what I love. That said, I'm not saying to go with it IF you really don't LOVE it! You have a great sense of everything, ;;; have you thought of magenta for the curtains or to cover the chair? That would be the complementary color ... love tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I have some burnt orange/magenta silk curtains I bought for the 2 bedrooms but wasn't sure they would work. They are hiding out in the closet. Maybe I'll play with them.

    The pic doesn't do justice. The 2 greens don't clash as much as it may look. It's good enough for now. ;-)

    ReplyDelete