Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cookies

Last night I made chocolate chip cookies with pecans and walnuts for the first time in many, many, many years. I think I was in high school or college the last time I made any.

I was anxious to try out my new mixer and it worked great. The cookies did get a bit over cooked though. The directions were to bake at 375 for 10-12 min. I put them in for 10 min and they looked done so I took them out. I didn't really notice they had started to scorch on the bottom as they looked good on top. The final batch was baking when I tried one that had cooled. They are edible but I sure wouldn't offer them to anyone. So now I need to get a thermometer to check the actual temp of the stove. I'm going to bake a second batch tonight and check them at 8 min. Maybe I should change the temp to 325 and cook for 10 min? This time I'm using butterscotch chips with pecans and walnuts. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment